The Literati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A group of writers and aspiring writers in the genres of Romantic and Gothic fiction.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Macabre's Profile

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_Macabre
Grand Senior Literati
Grand Senior Literati

Literary Regard : 336

Rob Macabre's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Rob Macabre's Profile   Rob Macabre's Profile EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:12 am

Who am I? Indeed, a very good question. There are not many capable of supplying an efficient answer, but of those few I do happen to be one. I am Rob, or Robert in some instances, and I am first and foremost a writer. I write just about everything one can manage. Poetry, short stories, novels, screenplays, comic book scripts, one act plays, among other things. Most of these are horror or Gothic-themed, but some may pertain to religion, which is another of my areas of interest.

My religion is complicated. My religion is my own. My religion is what I make it. I despise those Christians who attempt to say that Paganism is evil, and don't even know enough of their own religion to realize that it was derived from Paganism. I am a Dark Pagan, one who walks the dark path. I find comfort in the night, beauty in the darkness, and solace in death. I have striven throughout my life to bring equality to the religious world. I've tried to point out to people that try and force their religion on me that I have no interest, and never will. I've tried to point out at that those people who would try to convert me would not appreciate me trying to win them over to my religion either, but to no avail. I find myself jaded, now, against Christianity. If you try to 'convert' me, or 'save' me, or tell me that I'm wrong, expect an argument, a resistance, or perhaps even a fight.

I've fought long and hard throughout my life, at times for money, at times for safety, and sometimes simply for fun. I was a backyard wrestler nearly half my life, until I stopped just this last February. I have pain management skills that have continually astounded those around me. I wrestled with a three-inch-deep gash in my leg and a subdermal hemotoma, I recovered from having a shattered knuckle replaced with a metal plate without the aid of pain medication, and have suffered many injuries as a result of my wrestling and fighting, but I have a habit of not giving up.

My life has indeed been a trying one, from drug-addicted parents, to their abusive new lovers, and so on and so forth, but in the end, I wouldn't have the slightest detail changed. It has made me who I am, and because of it I recognize my own strength and will to survive. This is but a fragment of who I am, but it is all that I can really tell you. Anything else you need to know, you will come to through your experiences with me, should you actually know me. Any questions about me any of you have, I will answer, with few exceptions. I am an incredibly open person when asked direct questions, and I don't keep secrets well, so if it is your desire to know more about me, simply ask.

Musical Tastes:

Cradle of Filth
Lacuna Coil
Midnight Syndicate
Dead Can Dance
.45 Grave
Siouxsie & the Banshees
Angelspit
The Cruxshadows
Voltaire
Rob (White) Zombie
Chimaira
Moonspell
Satyricon
Septic Flesh
Type O Negative
Collide
Nox Arcana
Disturbed
Tool
Alice in Chains

The following is a list of bands I listen to only on occasion, but I still listen to them enough to mention them;

Mudvayne
Slipknot
Marilyn Manson
Staind
Korn
Stone Sour
Shinedown
Godsmack
Creed
Drowning Pool
Saliva
Seether
Sevendust
System of a Down
Three Days Grace
3 Doors Down
Acid Bath
Audioslave
Breaking Benjamin
Finger 11
Killswitch Engage
Flyleaf

Movies

I like a lot of movies, mostly horror and fantasy. I particularly enjoy films involving Rob Zombie or Tim Burton.

Here's a list of my favorites:

Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
The Punisher
The Crow
The Boondock Saints
House of 1000 Corpses
The Devil's Rejects
Edward Scissorhands
The Ninth Gate
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Secret Window
Carrie
The Shining
The Exorcist
The (Original) Omen
Halloween (The Entire Series)
Friday the 13th (The Entire Series)
Nightmare on Elm Street (The Entire Series)
From Dusk 'Til Dawn
Interview With The Vampire
Queen of the Damned
John Carpenter's Vampires
Dracula 2000
2001 Maniacs (Both Versions)
House on Haunted Hill (Both Versions)
Thirteen Ghosts (Both Versions)
The Hills Have Eyes (Both Versions)
Saw (The Entire Series)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Hannibal
Red Dragon
Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal Rising
Any of the titles released by the Afterdark Horrorfest (Notably Frontier(s), The Hamiltons, and Borderland)
Hatchet
Home Sick
Dead End
Any Ghosthouse Production

Literature
I enjoy reading much more than is healthy, my favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe by far, but here is a small list of my favorite works of literature.

My favorite books/stories/poems:

'The Raven' by Edgar Allan Poe

'The Masque of the Red Death' by Edgar Allan Poe

'The Bells' by Edgar Allan Poe

'Thou Art the Man' by Edgar Allan Poe

'A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony Burgess

'Dracula' by Bram Stoker

'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelly

'Paradise Lost' by John Milton

'Herbert West--Reanimator' by H.P. Lovecraft

'The Outsider' by H.P. Lovecraft

'The Music of Erich Zann' by H.P. Lovecraft